In March 2020 the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the outbreak of a novel coronavirus disease, COVID-19, to be a pandemic, due to the speed and scale of transmission. WHO and public health authorities around the world are taking action to contain the COVID-19 outbreak. Certain populations, such as those with COVID-19. This impact can be mitigated if simple actions and protective measures are taken by key stakeholders.
KOMESHA CORONA – GUIDELINES FOR WHEELCHAIR USERS
Corona virus poses a challenge for wheelchair users as this particular device is touched frequently by the user and caregiver. The following are some of the tips to consider as a wheelchair user;
- Wash your hands with soap and water as often as possible for at least 20 seconds after using the device
- Regularly clean and disinfect your wheelchair especially in areas frequently touched. These areas/components are arm rests, push handles, head rest, side guards and controls for the automatic wheelchairs.
- Wear gloves and avoid touching your face. Dispose them after use
- Cover your mouth with elbow when sneezing
- Avoid going out unless where necessary. Stay at home!