Corporate Governance Structure
- The Patron: His Excellency the President of the Republic of Kenya
- Board of Trustees: The Board of Trustees is run under the leadership of a non-executive Chairperson who is appointed by the Patron. This is the main policy-formulating organ of the Fund and consists of 10 non-executive members (currently seven (7)). It meets four (4) times a year (quarterly) and may be convened for special meetings at any other time as the need may arise.
- Ex-Officio Members: The Ex-Officio members are drawn from various government Ministries/Departments that have a direct relationship to the Fund’s mandate and its work. They sit on the Board of Trustees and advise it on issues that fall under their dockets. They are the representatives of the Office of the President, Office of the Attorney General and the Ministry of Labour and Social Protection.
- The five (5) Committees of the Board of Trustees: There are five standing Committees which consist of an average of four members each drawn from the Board of Trustees. These are the Donations; Finance, Administration & Human Resources; Procurement; Properties Management; and Audit, Governance and Risk Management.
The Committees recommend to and advise the Board on various matters and issues falling under their terms of reference, which the Board of Trustees then adopts with or without modification, as policy or standard management operational procedure.
- The Secretariat: This is based at 2nd floor of Rehema House, Nairobi and is involved in the day-to-day management of the Fund pursuing the mandate as espoused by the Deed of Trust and the resolutions and policies adopted by the Board of Trustees. It consists of the Chief Executive Officer, the Finance Manager, the Properties Manager, the Programmes Manager and the Internal Auditor with 24 other staff members.